CLEVELAND GLADIATORS YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER PROGRAMS OF THE MONTH OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Contest Description: The following terms and conditions shall apply to the “Cleveland Gladiators Youth Football & Cheer Programs of the Month” (the “Contest”). By nominating a particular Cleveland-area youth football and/or cheer program for the “Cleveland Gladiators Youth Football and/or Cheer Program of the Month” by completing the registration form online at www.clevelandgladiators.com during the Contest Period, Entrants (as defined below) will have an opportunity to win for that program (i) a grant in the amount of $500 to be used toward the program’s development, and (ii) one (1) complimentary seat ticket (each, a “Ticket”) per program participant/administrator to one (1) 2017 Cleveland Gladiators regular season home game in Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (particular game, number of tickets, seat locations to be determined by Cavaliers Arena Football, LLC (“CAF”) in its sole discretion) (the “Prize”). In addition, the Winners’ (as defined below) nominated programs will receive an honorary plaque and an appearance at one (1) of each program’s practices by a Gladiators assistant coach.
ARV of the Prize: $500 + $20 per Ticket
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time on September 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on September 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). In order to qualify, Entrants must complete the registration form online at www.clevelandgladiators.com during the Contest Period. Any entries received thereafter shall be null and void, and ineligible for the Contest. CAF is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, nor are they obligated to publicly announce the Contest results.
3. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. In order to be entered into the Contest, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must complete the registration form online at www.clevelandgladiators.com during the Contest Period.
Limit: One entry per person during the Contest Period.
By completing the registration form online at www.clevelandgladiators.com during the Contest Period, Entrants consent (a) to being contacted by CAF and its respective affiliates; and (b) to be bound by, and comply with, all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Contest Rules.
4. Eligibility: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. At time of entry, Entrants must be at least 18 years of age. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors (and their parents, siblings, spouses, and children) of CAF, its advertising and promotional agencies, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
5. Selection of the Winners and Notification: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, there will be five (5) Prize winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) chosen based on which nominated program best showcases how it develops character, discipline, skill, and sportsmanship, and its activity in the community. Each Winner will be selected on or about September 16, 2016.
Each Winner will be notified by email and/or phone on or about September 16, 2016. If a Winner either: (a) is unreachable; (b) does not make direct contact with CAF prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period; or (c) fails to accept the Prize, CAF reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Winner and, to select a replacement Winner from the remaining qualifying Entrants. CAF shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a Winner and no responsibility is assumed by CAF for any correspondence returned as undeliverable or any other problems associated with attempt(s) to notify such Winner.
6. Winner Verification: Upon the request of CAF, each Winner must sign and return the following documents: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a liability/publicity release in form and substance satisfactory to CAF; and (c) any other releases and waivers requested by CAF, releasing CAF from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Contest or Prize. If any of the foregoing documents are not completed, signed, and returned prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period, or if a Winner is deemed by CAF to be ineligible or not to have complied with these Official Contest Rules, then such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
7. Prize Conditions, Terms and Restrictions: Only the Prize described in these Official Contest Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions and/or redemptions shall be made, except that, in the event of Prize unavailability, CAF reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, in CAF’s sole discretion. The Prize cannot be transferred or assigned. Unless otherwise set forth herein, each Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not specifically described as part of the Prize, including any and all of his/her travel expenses and accommodations. All travel arrangements shall be made by the Winner.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize acceptance constitutes a release granting CAF the right to use each Winner’s (and such Winner shall cause the nominated program to sign a release granting to CAF the right to use each nominated program’s) name, likeness, statements (if true), biographical information, voice, and city and state of residence for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis (without review by each such Winner and corresponding nominated program) and in all forms of media, without compensation, remuneration, or other authorization. CAF expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in connection with injury or loss to any person or property relating to redemption of the Prize. CAF makes no representations or warranties in connection with the Prize. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply.
8. Posting Terms and License to Use Entrant Personal Information: In order to promote, market and publicize the Contest, CAF and its respective affiliates may require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content submitted in the Contest including, but not limited to, each Entrant’s (and, upon signing the aforementioned release, the nominated program’s) name, likeness, biographical information, and any other personal information submitted. Accordingly, by submitting an entry, each Entrant expressly grants to CAF a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to use, however CAF may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion, whether in connection with the Contest or otherwise, all content submitted in connection with an entry.
9. Contest Conditions: The Contest is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or in these Official Contest Rules. Any violation of these Official Contest Rules may result in disqualification and any violation of these Official Contest Rules by any Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner and all privileges as a Winner shall be immediately terminated. ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS CAVALIERS ARENA FOOTBALL, LLC, CAVALIERS OPERATING COMPANY, LLC, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
10. Limitations of Liability: CAF shall not be held responsible for late, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. CAF may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair play, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or CAF representatives or employees. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, labor dispute, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of CAF which, in the sole opinion of CAF, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Conduct, then CAF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the Winners based on entries received prior to the action taken.
11. Claims/Choice of Law: (a) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (b) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to seek the award of, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or CAF in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Contest or Official Contest Rules.
12. Winner List: For a copy of the name of the Winner, or a copy of the Official Contest Rules, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope to:
1 Center Court
Cleveland, OH 4415
Attn.: Noah Volz
Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the date the Contest officially ends.